A reader of this blog (Concerned Parent) has posted a series of good questions that I thought worth of a separate post as we seek a way to move forward.
Please read the questions and respond to them if you wish. You may, of course, respond anonymously.
Here are the questions:
- How many Huntsville residents who have a vested interest in student(s) attending HCS have written letters to the HT in the last four weeks concerning issues they have with HCS 1:1 initiative?
- Of those answering #1 who have, how many had their letters published?
- How many Huntsville residents with a vested interest in student(s) attending HCS have corresponded with their HCS Board member(s) during the last three to four weeks have been told “I have been staying in contact with Principals in the district as well as the Superintendent. As a Board member, my role is to not be involved in day-to-day operations…that is the job of the Superintendent and his staff (which includes all employees of the system). Because I want to stay abreast of what is going on, I do talk with the leaders in the various areas to be aware of any brewing issues?”
- How many who have corresponded with their HCS School Board member(s) and received a similar response to that in question #3 are satisfied with Board member(s) response?
- How many Huntsville City residents with a vested interest in a student attending HCS have communicated same concerns to their State School Board representative in the last 4 weeks?
- Of those who have expressed their concerns to their State School Board representative, how many have received a response to date?
- How many of those who have received a response from their State School Board representative are satisfied with response?
- How many Huntsville City residents with a vested interest in student(s) are willing to privately gather and devise a strategy (vetting process TBD)?
Thanks for reading and for your responses.